News & Updates
1. Upcoming event: International workshop on Membranes Technologies for Desalination, Energy and Water Sustainability (MemDEW) - 2023
2. Job Alert: Opportunities for passionate candidates to work on research project in my group.
Essential Qualification: BTech/BE & MTech/ME in "Chemical/Environmental/Civil/Polymer Engineering/Chemistry or Equivalent" alongwith GATE score. Job Alert: Opportunities for passionate candidates to work on research project in my group.
Essential Qualification: BTech/BE & MTech/ME in "Chemical/Environmental/Civil/Polymer Engineering/Chemistry or Equivalent" alongwith GATE score.
3. Recipient of Technology Readiness Level Booster (TRLB) from IIT Roorkee.
4. It is my great pleasure to share that my PhD student (Gaurav Vaghela) has been awarded with distinguished "Award for Asian Young Professional on Water Research", "Excellent Abstract Award", along with "International Travel Support" at 13th International Symposium on Southeast Asian Water Environment (SEAWE-13). This symposium was organized by Research Center for Water Environment Technology (RECWET), the University of Tokyo (UTokyo, Japan), Southeast Asian Center for Water Environment Technology (SACWET), Asian Institute of Technology (AIT, Thailand), in cooperation with National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan (NIES, Japan).
Title of the talk: Roughness enhanced electrospray hydrophobic membrane for separation of dye from textile wastewater via membrane distillation. Authors: Gaurav Vaghela, Mohd Sahil and Bhaskar Jyoti Deka
About the authors:
Gaurav Vaghela: PhD research scholar under the supervision of Dr. Bhaskar Jyoti Deka
Mohd Sahil: M.Tech student under the supervision of Dr. Bhaskar Jyoti Deka
It is really a proud moment for all of us to receive such a recognition in global platform.
The international participants (from the industry as well as academic & research organizations) joined the course from different parts of the globe. Together, we completed a great journey of knowledge exchange, discussed water-related issues and their possible scientific remediation. Further, delighted to see the participant's interest in advanced membrane technologies and their applications.
Aim of the training course: Understanding about different emerging treatment technologies including desalination and their application to address current and future water scarcity.
7. International workshop on "SuWaRec: Securing sustainable treatment for drinking water production and water recycling with focus on anionic contaminants" supported by Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC).